The Rob Cunningham Foundation is hosting its Third Annual Golf Classic as a way for Rob’s family and friends to remember, celebrate, and pay forward the dedication, hard work and community spirit of an amazing husband, father, and mentor.
Thanks to our friends and family, our Foundation has raised over $225,000 , and we are hoping to raise even more this year at our Third Annual Golf Classic on September 23rd!
Multiple funds have been given in Rob’s name including:
· An endowment created in Rob's name at Boston College High School, where Rob attended, (Class of 1990) and where Robbie currently attends (Class of 2024)
· Sponsorship of Plymouth Police Sgt. Michael Glowka and San Antonio, TX, Patrolman Tommy Capell in the Police Unity Tour to DC (an organization dedicated to honoring those that made the ultimate sacrifice for their communities, as civil servants in law enforcement)
· Michael J. Fox Foundation For Parkinson's Research
· Dana Farber Cancer Institute
· The Base
· Pan Mass-Challenge
· Homes For Our Troops
· Camp Squanto Scholarship Fund
· Plymouth 400 and The Plymouth Rotary Sunrise Club
· Devin Ness Scholarship Fund
· Sweaters to Sustenance
· Wachusett Hockey
· Various Boy Scout Troops
· CHAMP Homes in Hyannis
· Contributed to student’s class trips and
· Assisted families in need during the holidays
In addition to these community based causes, the Foundation has also given away more than $50,000 in scholarships to local students, providing many with invaluable opportunities to those involved in, and contribute to, their communities in meaningful ways.
Our Foundation is a non-profit 501(c)(3) and has a 0% administrative fee.
About Rob Cunningham
A committed public servant and an accomplished political operative, Rob Cunningham was a friend and mentor to many.
Rob was an accomplished campaign operative whose talents contributed to countless victories around the South Shore and Cape Cod. His remarkable success continued when he was a key player in victory of Governor Charlie Baker and Lt. Governor Karyn Polito in 2014, when he served as Executive Director of the Massachusetts Republican Party.
Rob went on to serve as the Commonwealth's Director of Unemployment Assistance, where he brought smart, reform-oriented leadership to that agency. Rob's success wasn't a surprise to those who knew him and worked with him: he brought excellence to everything he did.
Along the way, Rob touched so many with his humor, wit, remarkable talents and unflappable nature. As Governor Baker said in his eulogy, "We would not be in the State House right now were it not for this amazing man."
But more importantly, Rob was a family man, who loved his beautiful wife, Jen, took many family trips (especially to his favorite place, Disney World), and was a great Dad to Casey, and his young son, Robbie. Rob was an Eagle Scout and spent many hours volunteering for the Boy Scouts and Cub Scouts.